......finding a new home for lutefisk lovers.

(ok we don't love it. or even like it. but we're supposed to.)

25 June 2010

The Tearful Goodbye Committee

Why is it such a surprise to find out that other people care about us as much as we care about them? It seems logical that it should be a two way street...... but I'm still taken aback every time someone mirrors my feeling. It breaks my heart to leave these people and, it turns out, it breaks their hearts, too. I am overwhelmed and humbled by the words and deeds of every person who bid us farewell. In fact, if these people like me this much, it makes me think that we should all stop obsessing about the minutia of our personal worth.........because these people don't care that I laugh too loudly or interrupt too much or try to tell them what to do or that I tell the same stories over and over or that my arms are fat or that I don't know what my real hair color is or that my kid won't eat a plant-based diet or that I watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
I guess this isn't high school where we pine for people who don't love us back. We're grown ups who are all doing the best we can. And when you find someone who gets you, you put that sh*# in the bank, baby, because that is a gift.

1 comment:

marf said...

ok i liked you before i knew about the kardashians, but now i love you.
peaceful travels