......finding a new home for lutefisk lovers.

(ok we don't love it. or even like it. but we're supposed to.)

06 May 2011

Things That May Be Interesting Only to Me......but I'm telling you anyway.



It's Friday and it's 70 degrees and the sun is shining on the ocean in a way that makes me want to cue up a genius playlist and kick it Denise Austin style on the shorepath. I might even bend my arms at the elbow and swing them really hard to increase my heart rate. Here's the playlist my iPhone played for me on this gorgeous day:

1. Take It Off..........Ke$ha (my dirty little secret)
2. Boogie Wonderland..........Earth, Wind and Fire
3. Don't Leave Me This Way..........Thelma Houston
4. Red Light..........Linda Clifford
5. Love Is In Control..........Donna Summer
6. Whirly Girl..........Oxo
7. Weekend in New England..........Barry Manilow (how did that get in there?)
8. Good Times..........Chic
9. Rock the Boat..........Hues Corporation
10. Church of the Poison Mind..........Culture Club
11. Nights On Broadway..........Bee Gees
12. Evacuate the Dance Floor..........Cascada (best known for its appearance on that KidzBop commercial that plays nonstop on Nickelodeon)


I recently read an article about Britney Spears in which the author listed all the female artists who were stepping in to take her place. There's Rihanna with her saucy attitude and her Caribbean influenced dance music, there's Katy Perry with her Betty Grable pin-up persona and then there's Ke$ha, "who looks like she might be sticky if you touched her."

I heard someone whistle at me today during my walk. It was a real construction-worker-style woot-woo. He did it a few times in a row and I thought "maybe these yoga pants don't look so bad?" I tried to play it real cool like this happens all the time; but still my eyes were furiously scanning the area for my admirer.
And then I realized it was a bird.

Coincidentally, I had a dream last night that Gwyneth Paltrow was wearing mom jeans and she had a huge ass.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Love the Gwyneth dream! And the whistles on the walk!

Kristin said...

And the sad thing is, I'm pretty sure that has happened to me before. What is it about me that is so attractive to birds?